Is this scam supposed to work on me?

Is this scam supposed to work on me?
Got this yesterday and gmail marked it "important" . Had to remark it spam!

Hi

Just hoping this email reaches you well, I'm sorry for this emergency
and for not informing you about my urgent trip to Madrid, Spain but I
just have to let you know my present predicament. Everything was fine
until I was attacked on my way back to the hotel, I wasn't hurt but I
lost my money, bank cards, mobile phone and my bag in the course of
this attack. I immediately contacted my bank in order to block my
cards and also made a report at the nearest police station. I'm
physically ok and fine but I'm urgently in need of some money to pay
for my hotel bills and my flight ticket home, will PAY BACK as soon as
i get back home.

Kindly let me know if you would be able to help me out so I can
forward you the details required for a wire transfer via the western
union money transfer service. I don't yet have a local phone (still
gathering my bearings and such), so email is probably the best form of
contact for now. I will expect your response soon.

Thanks
--
ThomasLee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings