Pre-Easter holiday ramblings

It has been a busy week and I am glad too that my Sunday sermon is done, though I will obviously spend a portion of Saturday night editing it (as usual! :-)).  I am preaching on "The wonderful "foolishness" of the cross (based on 1 Corinthians 1:18-25). 

I am feeling really tired and I hope that I will be able to take my mind of ministry tomorrow as in NZ, Good Friday is a public holiday. I hope there will be no emergencies.

My boys will be off to youth / young adults camp late tomorrow morning so I should be free on Friday afternoon! Going to work on my lawn - looking as good as it can get with my limited gardening skills. Did some tidying up, sweeping, picking up stray flax strands yesterday - a little tiring and boring but there was a sense of achievement which was nice. And I plan to experiment again in the kitchen and cook dinner. Maybe will try out Z's lemon chicken recipe as a base for "fooling around"...

Unfortunately Jenifer is working on Friday but she managed to get leave for Saturday so we can have a day to ourselves. :-)

Sunday is of course Easter and it looks to be another "quiet Easter" (quieter actually) with over 30 of our youth and young adults away. But having a quiet Easter has its benefits. Perhaps it will be a wonderful opportunity for deeper reflection ... 

No Good Friday or Easter specials this year as almost everyone is tired and we need to recover from the many back to back activities in the first quarter of 2010 (and more than usual will be away). I need to learn to plan better ...

Anyway my wishes that you will have a blessed Easter (in case I don't blog before then).


Comments

  1. hahaha, i'm just trying the recipe myself! i forgot to buy an onion so i left that out and am hoping that it won't make too much of a difference. there is a LOT of lemon though and i'm feelinga bit nervous although i do like strong flavored dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings