Some New Year's semi resolutions

I'm not someone who makes New Year's resolutions. Mine are more like "it would be nice if ..." kind of resolutions.

Here's five that's been on my mind ... nothing earth shattering ...

1. Learn 2 simple desserts that will hopefully serve as my "signature" desserts for pot lucks. My smoothies are pretty well received but it would be nice to have something I can carry in a dish. I suppose while I am it, I can work on another main dish

2. Learn a magic trick a month to add to my impromptu repertoire. This will be tough but I hope to block time on my day off to work on this. I think it can be done if I aim to perform one trick a month at my monthly club meetings.

I am not sure if I have the time to prepare a new children's routine of a quality high enough for the competition I have entered..... :-(

2010 looks to be an even busier year.

3. Plant a better and more varied vegetable garden next spring. I think this can be achieved as I have lots of time to slowly clear out the plants in my flower boxes. I think I now have a better idea of what to do and plant.

BTW, I planted a macadamia nut tree yesterday! It will however take at least four years before it fruits but who knows it may be sooner?

I wonder if I should think about planting one more fruit tree this year ...

4. Enrol in a Maori course. This one I am rather unsure as I do not think I will have the time to do the course work. Still struggling with this. I think it is important but is it the right time to do so?

5. Take a personal retreat (alone, away from everyone) for prayer and reflection. Maybe a couple of nights (in case I end up just sleeping most of the first day!!)

I think I need to do this as it has been a while ....


Anyway, here's wishes for you to have a blessed and fruitful 2010!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings