I need something light ...

Reading the latest news of more churches being targeted (and even a school) and all sorts of negative things from Malaysian news is getting me down.
I suppose if I were now in Malaysia I might not feel so low as I would be getting a better picture of the many other positive things happening...

Anyway a couple of jokes seems like a good idea. And as it is my day off, a lot of hard gardening work has been planned for the day as tomorrow I am back at work full steam ahead.


---------
Patty began a job as an elementary school counselor and she was eager to help. One day during recess she walked outside and noticed a girl standing by herself on one side of a playing field while the rest of the kids enjoyed a game of soccer at the other.
Patty approached and asked if she was all right.
The girl said she was.
A little while later, however, Patty noticed the girl was in the same spot, still by herself.
Approaching again, Patty offered,"Would you like me to be your friend?"
The girl hesitated, then said, "Okay,"looking at the woman suspiciously.
Feeling she was making progress,Patty then asked,"Why are you standing here all alone?"
"Because," the girl said with great exasperation,"I'm the goalie!"

----------

During a pledge drive on public television, a woman called in and said she would donate $100 if the emcee would shave off his beard.

The next day the emcee was, indeed, clean-shaven.

The day after that the check arrived.

It was from his mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings