Old Singapore based ad on teachers

After watching this year's Petronas CNY ad on youtube, this Singapore ad came up

Worth watching. I suppose what attracted me to this ad was a conversation I had with someone a few days ago, in which one of the things that was brought up was related to what I be doing if I did not chose to become a pastor. My immediate answer was "a teacher", which I think surprised the person :-)

Not so much teach in a seminary as a lecturer but a regular school teacher. I do fondly remember my 15 months teaching ESOL in a boarding school when I was much younger! And I do remember almost making the jump to leave being a church "full-time worker" at one of my many struggling stages to taking up a job teaching "moral studies" at a private higher learning institution ...

But I think teaching is one of the noblest professions to be called to, and I find it sad that many in the teaching line do not love teaching - it is just a "mundane job". I am grateful that here in NZ I have gotten to know some people in the teaching profession who are clearly called to teach. They have a passion and love for their students that inspires me. Teaching is clearly their vocational calling.

May there be more teachers entering the teaching profession like the one in this ad!



p/s will get back to my ramblings / reflections on "Pastor: A Memoir" soon ... still haven't completed the book because I keep re-reading certain chapters :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings