Poor quality internet scam

Is it just me or is the quality of internet scams becoming a lot poorer? Not that I want to encourage higher quality internet scams :-) Just the grammar in this particular one made me laugh out loud especially since it "supposed" to be from someone whose is not just British but whose dearly departed husband worked for a "UK Embassy"....

Was tempted for a second or two to write to this person and see how this scam unfolds. But I do have better things to do with my time :-) So back to work. I have a very busy week ahead of me. This morning's meeting went well so it is a great official start to my week.

Dear Beloved

I am sending you this mail in good faith. I am Mrs. Amelia Cooper now undergoing medical treatment for cancer. I was married to Mr. Peter Cooper who worked with United Kingdom embassy in Malaysia for many years before his death in 2002, we both made a deposit of some amount of money worth $6.5M in a financial institution in Europe . Recently, my doctor told me that I have few months to live due to cancer problem.

Having known my condition; I have decided to nominate you as my beneficiary since the financial company has now written me that the length of time agreed upon to hold my funds have now expired. My desire and purpose is for you to promote humanitarian works. I.e. assisting the less privileged and building orphanage homes in your country.

Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. For further details, Please email me on: mrs.amelia@gmx.com

In His Arms.

Mrs. Amelia Cooper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings