Glendene Fun Family Day and KCC gala


I am looking forward to the opportunity to be a part of this Waitakere City Council event planned by my council friend Mei. I will be doing a magic show for the occasion.

From what I have gathered, I think this is the first time such a Council sponsored event has been planned for Glendene - the purpose of which is to help get the community together for a fun time and to get to know each other.

From what I understand ... unusually complicated in my opinion :-) Waitakere City (which is West Auckland) is divided into four wards: Massey, Henderson, New Lynn and Waitakere.

Hmmm.. I do wonder what it will be like when all the cities merge to become the new Auckland Super city! Anyway back to the subject at hand.

New Lynn in turn is subdivided into New Lynn, Kelston (where my church is), Glendene, Glen Eden (where I live) and Green Bay. My new friend Mei works as the Council Sustainable Neighbourhood Broker(Social development) for both Kelston and Glendene (as both are relatively small districts and the least well off in terms of facilities and social development). It's a great opportunity to meet new people and make new friends and promote our church community's presence.

Our KCC Gala is I think also something new in the community and I hope it turns out well. We moved it a week earlier so as not to clash with the Glendene Fun Family Day. I am really encouraged by the support and hard work of so many of my church members as we work towards the gala. Especially so since we are all so busy and our numbers are relatively small since we have many senior members. Even the children are involved with the Sunday School aged children developing and running a Games stall! And Kiwi churches are not used to such a flurry of activities - unlike Malaysian churches :-)

Anyway I am one proud pastor :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings