A to Z list of regular blessings (part 4)

Been a while since I blogged on this ... with so much sad news from Malaysia, this is good therapy.

My Sunday sermon is also done! (Bonus blessing) Just got to make sure I don't read it anymore till Saturday or I will end up make all kinds of major changes :-)

J

JESUS

This needs no elaboration. But this old song is nice and catchy ...

Jesus, name above all names              
Beautiful Savior, glorious Lord. 
Emmanuel, God is with us.  
Blessed Redeemer,  Living word.


JENNIFER

Got to make sure I mention my wife, right? :-) 19 years of marriage already!

But marriage stuff is very personal so no comments except to quote my favourite proverb (some of you know it as I quote it every often! :-)


KJV sounds fancier so ... Proverbs 18:22 : Whoso findeth a wife findeth a go

od thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.


JOKES

I love good jokes. They help keep me sane! I don't think laughter is the best medicine but it is pretty good medicine fort me at least. A good laugh has helped me through many a rough time. It's also therapeutically for me to joke about the many hurts and pains in my past. The funnier side of life kind of things. Must almost have a joke a day - like taking my daily cholesterol pill!

There's a nice proverb too on this. And KJV also sounds fancier so ....

Proverbs 17:22 : A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones


K

KELSTON COMMUNITY CHURCH

A real blessing to me. The leaders, the members ... Has not always been a bed of roses, mind you. Ministry can be tough and there are challengers but the congregation is great, in particular the core group. Honest, caring, truthful, faithful and generous.

I look forward to the challenges of 2010 knowing that I am not alone.

I sang this song as an item (to the church) for our watchnight service last year (2009). It's an old song I learned when I was a teen and it came to my mind last year as I was preparing for watchnight service.

Thankful For Your Fellowship

Every time I think of you, my heart is filled with joy.

I thank God for all you've meant to me.

You have helped me serve the Lord in many, many ways.

We are partners for eternity.


I'm thankful for your fellowship;

thankful for your partnership,

Thankful for the love we share in Jesus Christ.

I'm thankful for the joy we've known,

Thankful for the way we've grown.

I thank God each time I think of you.


God is using you to give this gospel to this land.

Your whole life is serving Him some way.

And I'm sure He'll carry on, His work will not be done.

Until Jesus comes again someday.


You are always in my heart, it's right for you to know,

I love you because of Jesus' love.

I'm praying everyday, your love will grow and grow,

Guided by His wisdom from above.


As you choose to do His will, He'll free you from all sin,

You will face His judgment without blame.

Then when Jesus comes again, your life will be fulfilled

Giving praise and glory to God's name.


L

LAP TOP

I know it is called a "notebook" but for me a notebook is the paper "thingy" I write on :-)

It's over 3 years old now and was a graduation present for graduating with my MCS just before I came to NZ. It was from my former Care group leader -now a politician and YB and doing a great job making a difference in Malaysian politics! It was at first meant to be anonymous but I figured out it was him after a few weeks. Really grateful to him for this as it was totally unexpected and my old PC was giving me so many problems and I could not afford a new one.

It's still going strong despite a sticky left pad key and 2 HDD reformats and a battery that doesn't seem to last very long. But I love it and I use practically everyday at home.


LORATADINE

Certainly a regular drug I take. Not daily of course as I don't like taking drugs unless I really have to. But whenever I start sneezing in the morning or sniffling due to an itchy nose in the morning when I wake up ... I take one loratadine pill and it really helps! For someone who has lived most of his life sniffling and blowing his nose, it is a real blessing!

Oh ... it's an anti-histamine for hay fever in case you were wondering. And thanks to the taxes I pay, I get it as a subsidized medicine so it is very affordable!


Can't think of my third "L" - wanted to put down liver (as in pork liver - mmmm but ended up with a gout attack LOL Oh well, two is enough for now.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings