A to Z of regular blessings - the letter "I"

I

Imagination.

This is an incredible blessing from God. Of course I should add that we need "sanctified imagination". I first heard this term mentioned by my church's former pastor in one of his sermons on the book of Revelation. The term has stuck and has struck a chord in me ... though I must say that my definition of "sanctified imagination" may probably be wider than his. :-)

Basically by this term I generally mean "imagination within the boundaries of a Christian worldview". So is comic book based science fiction and fantasy within this boundary? Hehehe. Perhaps that's an interesting topic for another time.

I can't imagine what my life would be like without imagination (lousy play with words but .... my blog! hahahaha!). Imagination sure does make my life more interesting.

Examples of imagination spicing up my life? Well, cooking is one. Experimenting with food flavours and styles and recipes. There's working on a magic routine.... Then there's communicating truth.... which brings me to a side topic .... more and more I wonder whether truth based fiction may often be actually more insightful and relevant than real life stories....


INTERNET

What is there to say about this? Such a great "invention". It's not just regular blessing but often a daily blessing - great resource and communication tool


Intuition / instinct

This is hard to describe and I know there are times when it is clearly the Holy Spirit intervening. But there are times when it can be all a big blur. For example, it's in situations like when I have to make a a "split second" decision and I instinctively go for one, But then I go away wondering if I made the right choice / decision and later in hindsight I find that I did! Whew! Blessing!!!

It's sometime I sometimes think about. Can intuition / instinct be developed or is it just something we are born with?

In some aspects of Life I suspect we can hone our intuition in a certain direction. Especially in more clear cut spiritual matters, the greater my pool of knowledge and experience (personal or vicarious) the easier it is to sense what to do. Then of course there's the issue of walking with God and one's prayer life.


OK, just one letter (or should it be called alphabet in this context?) today as I have other things to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intwernet archeologist finds friendster (The Onion)

Ramblings on an active,full, and tiring two weeks but restful rather than "busy" two weeks

My 60th birthday wish and ramblings